If you find it hard to find the time to get your boat in for a service, why not let our expert marine technicians come to you.
Our service truck has been fully fitted out with everything required for a standard service. Plus, if we find something that we can’t repair on-site we’ll tow it back to the workshop for you.
We use quality equipment, diagnostic software, parts and accessories. We travel to pretty much any location Auckland wide.
So you can get on with your day job, knowing your boat will be ready for your weekend fishing.
Highly recommend George and Syd from GT Marine. Easy to deal with and very knowledgeable. Boats always running good and keeps me on the water fishing!
George and his team are fantastic. So happy with the service, went above and way beyond expectations and couldn't be any happier!! George is a top bloke. Thanks George and the team at GT Marine!!!
Highly recommended marine mechanic. Have had George an his team servicing multiple boats of mine over the years an have had no troubles. Reliable Honest top quality service!
Our goal with every outboard service, is to ensure that your boat and motor performs at its best for longer, so that you enjoy more quality time on the water.
When we service your outboard we have a thorough checklist to ensure nothing's missed. We'll check the works. Everything from the winch handle right through to the boat bungs. Plus, we use only the best parts, oil and lubricants so you can be sure your engine is getting the very best.
It's not just the outboard service that's important, it's how you look after the motor in between services. At GT Marine, we help you look after your engine all the time, so you spend more time on the water and less time in the workshop.
That's why we offer a range of tips and tools, covering everything from how to flush your boat properly to choosing a propeller and how to know if you need a permatrim. Plus, our exclusive to GT Marine 6-weekly maintenance checklist helps keep your engine running well and prevents expensive repairs.
As a Honda Marine Dealer we're authorised to service your new Honda, so you retain your warranty. We'll ensure you keep to the Honda Outboard service schedule and we'll send you reminders when your service is due. Whether you need a 20 hour service, a 100 hour service or even a 2000 hour service, we can help.
We have access to the latest diagnostic software and can provide you with a full service report. We also use only Honda genuine parts, so you can be sure your engine is getting the very best. Plus, as Honda owners ourselves we know how to look after a set-up your engine for maximum performance and fuel economy.
Talk to the team about your Honda Outboard service today.
The cost of an outboard service depends on a lot of different factors, like the size and age of your engine and when it was last serviced. As a guide services range from $400 - $600 + GST for a 50 - 90HP and $700 - $900 + GST for a 100HP and over.
Often outboard motors will come in for a service, but we'll soon discover issues that need to be repaired, commonly water pump issues. The best way to lower your service bill is to use your engine regularly, flush it properly and use the GT Marine Maintenance Checklist ever six weeks.
1. Remove engine cover and look inside for fire or corrosion damage
2. Test run motor and analyse, connect diagnostic software
3 Inspect spark plugs
4 Perform cylinder compressions and spark test
5. Remove propeller and gearbox, inspect water pump condition, drain gear oil
6. Check thermostat operation and pressure relive poppet valves
7. Flush out and clean water galleries with hose
8. Check gearshift/throttle/steering operation and
9. Remove fuel filters and inspect for water
10. Inspect battery and connections
11. Check fuel lines and connections
12. Test steering, lock to lock
13. Test all electronics on board and call coast guard on VHF
14. Check trim/tilt system and levels
15. Walk around trailer and check for faults
16. List all service items required, price up and inform owner of service cost and any repairs needed
17. Finish off service, use anti seize on sparkplugs and check gap with tool
18. Install water pump with spray lube (not grease), replace bung washers
19. Reassemble motor, run in test tank
20. Check oil injection system and filter oil delivery to cylinders
21. Oil change and filter – check and adjust
22. Synchronise carbs and throttle arms
23. Check ignition timing, adjust and set idle RPM on the high side
24. Grease motor pivot points, lube starter motor pinion. Grease trailer bearings and winch gears
25. Check zinc anodes
26. Check power trim fluid and bleed
27. Spray power head with corrosion guard and clean motor