Tips and tools
Your summer boating checklist
Is your boat ready to hit the water this summer?
If it's been a while since you've taken your boat out, or started your outboard motor, follow these simple steps to ensure that your boat is ready when you are.
- Charge your battery and make sure all leads are secure
- Dispose of old fuel safely and fill with new gas
- Check fuel line for leaks
- Attach flush cups nice and tight
- Start motor and run until idle is constant
- Check cooling system when engine is running
- Test all electrics on board
- Remove anchor warp and chain to inspect joins
- Ensure steering is free
Just taking a little time to check these things before you hit the water, will keep you safe and avoid the need for costly repairs to your outboard motor. If you have issues with any of the above, simply contact us and we'll help get it sorted for you.